Volunteering Opportunity with Farida e.V. (Farida Global Organization)
Job Title: Team Assistant (Volunteer)
Duty Station: Remotely / Essen Germany
We are looking for a competent team of volunteers to undertake a variety of administrative, coordination and programmatic tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
Farida e.V. (Farida Global Organization) , is a German Organization founded in 2020, by Farida Khalaf, an Yazidi survivor of ISIS captivity and co-author of “The Girl who Beat ISIS”. FGO aims to provide assistance and an institutionalized support framework for victims of conflict and religious persecution by raising awareness of their plight and advocating for their empowerment. The board members of FGO are based in Germany, the Netherlands and Iraq, they have different expertise and experience working in NGOs. There is a team of volunteers based in Iraq.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Office support and administrative tasks for the implementation of FGO projects.
- In charge of routine correspondence and other communications including e-mails and letters in German language. As well as drafting letters or memos for the board.
- Translate documents, website content and social media accounts: English-German.
- Translates (if needed) during FGO meetings with German government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Assist with communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues
- Support growth and program development
- Assist with other duties as required
- Have at least 2-5 hours per week available to dedicate to FGO.
- Fluent in German and English OR German and Kurdish.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments
- Possesses strong teamwork skills (listens, consults and communicates proactively)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Good communication skills including confidence in public speaking
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications).
Become part of an open-minded team with very good team atmosphere and strong willingness to support each other. Opportunity to work independently and improve your skill set. Working with human rights activists and experts.
At FGO, you will find all the advantages of a large advocacy group. Openness and real team work. We are open to the future and are building on the strengths of each and every individual. We value his/her work and opinion; we listen, pursue active ideas management and engage in direct exchanges. Respect, appreciation and mutual trust are the hallmarks of cooperation within the FGO team.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Please note the post advertised at FGO is unfunded. FGO is not able to provide participants to with reimbursement for expenses incurred prior, during or after the period of placement.
For further questions, please contact us via email@example.com
Applications with detailed documents (short cover letter or an Email with curriculum vitae and relevant certificates) must be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 06 November 2021.