Job vacancy: Mathematics Teacher
Background and context:
Farida Global Organization (Farida e.V.) is a German non-profit organization founded and managed by survivors of the Yazidi genocide and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), who have been advocating for the rights of survivors since their escape from ISIS captivity. Farida Global aims to give voice and support to survivors and their communities in a participatory, survivor-centric, culturally sensitive, and psychosocially informed manner.
Farida Global is currently seeking a new employee to join our team as a Project Coordinator. We are looking for candidates who have a background in management, political science, or another relevant field. This position can be on a part-time or full-time basis and will involve providing support to Farida Global’s program, which aims to enhance and prepare survivors of ISIS captivity for higher education opportunities.
Job title: Mathematics Teacher
No of Jobs: 2 Teachers (Arabic/ Kurdish – Curriculum / Grade 9 and 12)
Note: This position is subject to funding availability
Based in Sharya Collective, Duhok Governorate
Type of contract/ Working Hours: 8-12 days per month (2-3 days per week)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a related field. A Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Proven history as a skilled Math Teacher, with at least two years of experience in a related capacity.
- Prior experiences in teaching and designing curriculum training
- In-depth expertise covering formal and non-formal education, along with vocational training.
Proficiency in spoken and written Kurdish and Arabic is required.
Core functions and responsibilities:
- Developing Well-Structured Lesson Plans in Alignment with the Iraqi/Kurdistan Curriculum and Educational Objectives.
- Creating a Clear Action Plan for Course Strategy.
- Preparing and Delivering Educational Materials in a Comprehensible Manner Suited to the Course Level.
- Offering a Plethora of Examples to Clarify Concepts and Rules.
- Efficiently Managing the Classroom Environment and Organize the distribution of class time.
- Maintaining Regular Communication with the Project Manager to Stay Abreast of Students’ Progress, Behaviors, and Challenges.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume (CV) and cover letter to the email:
In the subject line “Mathematics Teacher” should be clearly written and the CV in PDF or Word document should be attached
Deadline: Sunday, 30/08/2023 no later than 5:00 PM (Iraqi Time)
Please be informed that Farida Global will review received applications on a rolling basis and prior to the agreed-upon deadline.