Job vacancy: English Language Trainer
Background and context:
Farida Global Organization (Farida e.V.) is a German non-profit organization founded and managed by survivors of the Yazidi genocide and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), who have been advocating for the rights of survivors since their escape from ISIS captivity. Farida Global aims to give voice and support to survivors and their communities in a participatory, survivor-centric, culturally sensitive, and psychosocially informed manner.
Farida Global is currently seeking a new employee to join our team as a Project Coordinator. We are looking for candidates who have a background in management, political science, or another relevant field. This position can be on a part-time or full-time basis and will involve providing support to Farida Global’s program, which aims to enhance and prepare survivors of ISIS captivity for higher education opportunities.
Job title: English Language Trainer
No of Jobs: 1
Note: This position is subject to funding availability
Based in Sharya collective, Duhok Governorate.
Type of contract/ Working Hours: 8-12 days per month (2-3 days per week)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in English language or a teaching English language related field.
- Has over two years of experience as an English language teacher or teaching in the field of providing English language courses.
- Has experience in teaching different levels of English, from beginners to advanced.
- Excellent communication skills
- Adhere to humanitarian principles and data protection alongside with privacy
Proficiency in spoken and written Kurdish, English, and Arabic is required.
Core functions and responsibilities:
- Develop captivating teaching curricula that cater different levels of courses.
- Foster an environment of active participation and interaction among students, motivating them to contribute meaningfully during lessons.
- Organize and administer tests and examinations meticulously, providing a fair and accurate assessment of students’ progress.
- Collaborate effectively with the project manager to continually enhance the learning environment and achieve optimal educational outcomes.
- Simplify intricate grammar rules through a variety of examples and real-world contexts, making their application clear and practical.
- Encourage active participation through dynamic group activities and discussions, fostering a collaborative learning environment.
- Provide post-course guidance for ongoing language learning, ensuring that students continue to progress even after the course.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume (CV) and cover letter to the email:
In the subject line “English Language Trainer” should be clearly written and the CV in PDF or Word document should be attached
Deadline: Thursday, 30/08/2023 no later than 5:00 PM (Iraqi Time)
Please be informed that Farida Global will review received applications on a rolling basis and prior to the agreed-upon deadline.