Job vacancy: Computer Skills Trainer
Background and context:
Farida Global Organization (Farida e.V.) is a German non-profit organization founded and managed by survivors of the Yazidi genocide and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), who have been advocating for the rights of survivors since their escape from ISIS captivity. Farida Global aims to give voice and support to survivors and their communities in a participatory, survivor-centric, culturally sensitive, and psychosocially informed manner.
Farida Global is currently seeking a new employee to join our team as a Project Coordinator. We are looking for candidates who have a background in management, political science, or another relevant field. This position can be on a part-time or full-time basis and will involve providing support to Farida Global’s program, which aims to enhance and prepare survivors of ISIS captivity for higher education opportunities.
Job title: Computer Skills Trainer
No of Jobs: 1
Note: This position is subject to funding availability
Based in Sharya, Duhok Governorate.
Type of contract/ Working Hours: 8-12 days per month (2- 3 days per week)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Has over one year of experience as a Computer Trainer or teaching in the field of providing Computer skills courses.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of computer training techniques including Microsoft Office (Specially Excel, Outlook, and Word), Zoom Application, and Internet Exploring.
- Has experience in teaching different levels of computer skills, from beginners to advance.
- Demonstrates the ability to encourage trainees to actively participate and engage with the course material.
- Possesses analytical skills to assess trainees’ skill levels and tailor training programs to their needs.
Proficiency in spoken and written Kurdish and Arabic is required besides Basic English.
Core functions and responsibilities:
- Create comprehensive and up-to-date training curricula that cover a range of computer skills, software applications, and technology tools.
- Deliver engaging and interactive training sessions to students
- Provide hands-on training to help students build practical computer skills, from basic operations to more advanced tasks.
- Tailor training approaches to accommodate students with varying levels of computer literacy, ensuring that all learners benefit from the sessions.
- Offer additional assistance to students who require extra help, fostering an inclusive learning environment.
- Maintain accurate records of training materials, student progress, and assessment results.
- Educate students about digital ethics, online safety, and legal considerations related to technology usage.
- Provide insights into potential career paths related to computer technology and AI and guide students on skill sets valued by employers.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume (CV) and cover letter to the email:
In the subject line “Computer Skills Trainer” should be clearly written and the CV in PDF or Word format should be attached
Deadline: Thursday, 30/08/2023 no later than 5:00 PM (Iraqi Time)
Please be informed that Farida Global will review received applications on a rolling basis and prior to the agreed-upon deadline.