Background and context:
Farida Global Organization (Farida e.V.) is a German non-profit organization founded and managed by survivors of the Yazidi genocide and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), who have been advocating for the rights of survivors since their escape from ISIS captivity. Farida Global aims to give voice and support to survivors and their communities in a participatory, survivor-centric, culturally sensitive, and psychosocially informed manner. Farida Global is looking for a new employee with background of Psychology and/or Social Worker on a on a part-time or full-time basis, to provide support to Farida Global’s program aiming at enhancing and preparing survivors of ISIS captivity to access higher education.
Job title: Social Worker
Note: this position is subject to funding availability
Work place: Based in Sharya, Duhok Governorate, and occasionally travels required and/or requested in the different geographical area(s) covered by Farida Global’s Programme in Kurdistan Region and other cities of Iraq.
Type of Contract: 6 Months Fixed-Term Contract.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- A degree in degree in Sociology, Psychology or an equivalent field.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and data entry.
- Experience collaborating with international organizations is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to receive and respond positively to critical feedback and diverse perspectives.
- Capable of working independently under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Proficiency in operating within a multicultural team environment with a positive outlook.
- Dedication to upholding the highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Commitment to nurturing a supportive work environment and fostering positive working relationships.
Core functions and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Project Director and in close coordination with Project Coordinator and Farida Global’s psychologists the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the programme activities by performing the following functions and responsibilities in programme operates:
- Offering social and psychological consultations to survivors, their families, and other participants engaged in Farida Global’s initiatives.
- Enable and assist women, IDPs, refugees, and marginalized communities in engaging with Farida Global’s training and educational initiatives.
- Perform proper and detailed PSS needs assessments and/or case studies of target participant
- Develop a plan for addressing client needs based on the developed treatment plan.
- Provide direct individual and/or group PSS interventions to conflict-affected populations and their family members
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside psychiatrists, psychologists and other MHPSS staff.
- Refer clients if needed to specialists or to other institutions using the referral pathways.
- Establish and facilitate peer support groups among target participants.
- Maintain records and proper documentation of client needs and interventions carried out.
- Follow up and report progress of beneficiaries.
- Conduct awareness sessions and mental health education and promotion activities.
- Uphold ethical principles in all aspects of work with participants.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with a client that is professional and confidential.
- Assists in conducting a situational analysis of emergency GBV and MHPSS needs of refugees and IDPs.
- Prepare and implement PFA and other relevant emergency psychosocial support skills training.
- Promote the use of community-based approaches in response to mental health concerns
Work closely with the members of the MHPSS case management team (clinical psychologist and psychiatrist) to develop and follow up the interventions
Performing any additional pertinent duties assigned by the line manager in mutual agreement, based on professional competencies and position within the organization.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume (CV) and cover letter to the email:
In the subject line “Social Worker” should be clearly written and the CV in PDF or Word document should be attached
Thursday, 12.09.2023 no later than 5:00 PM (Iraqi Time)
Please be informed that Farida Global will review received applications on a rolling basis and prior to the agreed-upon deadline.