Background and context:
Farida Global Organization (Farida e.V.) is a German non-profit organization founded and managed by survivors of the Yazidi genocide and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), who have been advocating for the rights of survivors since their escape from ISIS captivity. Farida Global aims to give voice and support to survivors and their communities in a participatory, survivor-centric, culturally sensitive, and psychosocially informed manner.Farida Global is looking for a new employee with background of Psychology and/or Social Worker on a part time basis to provide support to Farida Global’s program aiming at promoting transitional justice and fostering access to Yazid Survivor Law (YSL) in Sharya, Duhok.
Job title: FemaleConsultant Assistant (Advisory Role) with Psychology specialty
Note: this position is subject to funding availability
Work place: Based in Sharya, Duhok Governorate, and occasionally travels required and/or requested in the different geographical area(s) covered by Farida Global’s Programme in Kurdistan Region and other cities of Iraq.
Type of contract: 11 Months Fixed-Term contract.
Working Hours: Part Time Contract of minimum 16 hours per week up to a maximum of 24 hours per week (work can be requested exceptionally on weekend days in case of emergencies or during event preparations)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- A degree in Social / Psychosocial/ Psychology or an equivalent degree
- At least two year work experience in related filed
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and data entry
- Experience with international organization is an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Kurdish Kurmanji as mother language
- Reading and writing in Arabic is required
- English is helpful but not mandatory
Core functions and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Project Director and in close coordination with Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the programme activities by performing the following functions and responsibilities in programme operates:
- Provide psychological consultations to recipients in need of support before, during, and after the information sessions and other activities to the survivors of the CRSV and other beneficiaries of Yazidi Survivors Law (YSL).
- Supervise, consult, and coordinate individual and group sessions.
- Provide Psychosocial first aid (PFA) and emotional support to affected population in case of sudden/on-going need
- Organize activities, conferences on disseminating key information and advocacy messages on Psychosocial Support (PSS).
- Provide information on the rights and reparation of the beneficiaries entitled in the Yazidi Survivor Law (YSL) through out one-on-one consultation, phone calls, emails, and other platforms.
- Keep contact and regularly check-in with the survivors from CRSV and provide guidance when needed.
- Interviewing clients about their needs, living conditions and social problems
- Developing together with the client an assistance plan and identifying adequate social services
- Implementing the plan and monitoring its progress
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services
- Contribute to public messaging on mental health and protection.
- Assist in registration and date entry of the beneficiaries of YSL
- Support in project records, documentation, and information including translation to Arabic, Kurdish, and English of technical documents.
- Ensure that confidentiality and the privacy is maintained with regard to confidential beneficiary and project information.
- Ensure that paper works and electronic information systems are maintained, and specially the important notes of the consultations, group sessions, information sessions, and other key monitoring, implementation and coordination activities.
- Provide training sessions to Farida Global’s staff, field teams, community focal points, volunteers, and other staff.
- Regularly participates in meetings with other social workers across centers
- Represents Farida Global Organization to external stakeholders and participates in meetings or events related to social work
- Continuously works on building and maintaining networks with other local organizations, partners, and stakeholders for collaboration and referrals
- Carry out any other relevant duties according to the professional capacities and position in the organization as assigned by the line manager in mutual agreement.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume (CV) and cover letter to the email:
In the subject line “Female Consultant Assistant (Advisory Role)” should be clearly written and the CV in PDF or Word document should be attached
Deadline: Sunday, 28/08/2022 no later than 5:00 PM (Iraqi Time)
Please note Farida Global’s will check the received applications on rolling basis and before the agreed deadline