Background and context:
Farida Global Organization (Farida e.V.) is a German non-profit organization founded and managed by survivors of the Yazidi genocide and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), who have been advocating for the rights of survivors since their escape from ISIS captivity. Farida Global aims to give voice and support to survivors and their communities in a participatory, survivor-centric, culturally sensitive, and psychosocially informed manner.
Farida Global is currently seeking a new employee to join our team as a Project Coordinator. We are looking for candidates who have a background in management, political science, or another relevant field. This position can be on a part-time or full-time basis and will involve providing support to Farida Global’s program, which aims to enhance and prepare survivors of ISIS captivity for higher education opportunities.
Job title: Project Coordinator
Note: this position is subject to funding availability
Work place: Based in Sharya, Duhok Governorate, and occasionally travels required and/or requested in the different geographical area(s) covered by Farida Global’s Programme in Kurdistan Region and other cities of Iraq.
Type of contract: 6 Months Fixed-Term contract.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- At least two years’ work experience in related filed.
- Preferably, experience in teaching and curriculum design.
- Strong knowledge and experience in non-formal education and vocational training.
- Proficiency in report writing and creating monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural awareness and effective communication abilities.
- Resilient, patient, flexible, and willing to undertake a diverse range of tasks as needed.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to the project’s growth.
- Excellent skills in using Excel and Microsoft Office Word.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
Proficiency in spoken and written Kurmangi Kurdish, English, and Arabic is required.
Core functions and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager and in close coordination with Farida Global Co-Executive Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the programme activities by performing the following functions and responsibilities in programme operates:
- Facilitate coordination with schools and other educational institutions in the Kurdistan region and other cities in Iraq.
- Collaborate with the management offices of IDP camps to identify students who have experienced a disruption in their education due to their captivity under ISIS.
- Develop and implement non-formal and vocational activities, ensuring the participation of survivors of ISIS captivity.
- Supervise and manage field staff, ensuring the smooth progress of activities.
- Create short, medium, and long-term activity plans to guide the project’s implementation.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of participants, activity implementation levels, vulnerability assessments, and protection monitoring, ensuring proper documentation of collected data in both hard and soft copies.
- Foster coordination and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, facilitating referrals as needed.
- Maintain positive relationships with local implementing partners, local authorities, and other international and local stakeholders.
- Prepare weekly reports summarizing project activities and outcomes.
- Support the Project Manager in conducting assessments and project analysis.
- Support in project records, documentation, and information including translation to Arabic, Kurdish, and English of technical documents.
- Represents Farida Global Organization to external stakeholders and participates in meetings or events related to social work
- Continuously works on building and maintaining networks with other local organizations, partners, and stakeholders for collaboration and referrals
- Carry out any other relevant duties according to the professional capacities and position in the organization as assigned by the line manager in mutual agreement.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume (CV) and cover letter to the email:
In the subject line “Project Coordinator” should be clearly written and the CV in PDF or Word document should be attached
Deadline: Thursday, 20/07/2023 no later than 5:00 PM (Iraqi Time)
Please be informed that Farida Global will review received applications on a rolling basis and prior to the agreed-upon deadline.