Job Vacancy: Psychologist
Background and context:
Farida Global Organization (Farida e.V.) is a German non-profit organization founded and managed by survivors of the Yazidi genocide and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), who have been advocating for the rights of survivors since their escape from ISIS captivity. Farida Global aims to give voice and support to survivors and their communities in a participatory, survivor-centric, culturally sensitive, and psychosocially informed manner. Farida Global is looking for a new employee with background of Psychology and/or Social Worker on a on a part-time or full-time basis, to provide support to Farida Global’s program aiming at enhancing and preparing survivors of ISIS captivity to access higher education.
Job title: Psychologist
Note: this position is subject to funding availability
Work place: Based in Sharya, Duhok Governorate, and occasionally travels required and/or requested in the different geographical area(s) covered by Farida Global’s Programme in Kurdistan Region and other cities of Iraq.
Type of Contract: 6 Months Fixed-Term Contract.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- A degree in Social / Psychosocial/ Psychology or an equivalent degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Social/Psychosocial/Psychology or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a related field.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and data entry.
- Experience with international organizations is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to receive and respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Capable of working independently under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Adherence to the highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Commitment to fostering a supportive working environment and positive working relationships.
- Kurdish Kurmanji as a mother tongue.
- Reading and writing proficiency in Arabic is required.
- Proficiency in German and/or English is helpful but not mandatory.
Core functions and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Project Director and in close coordination with Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the programme activities by performing the following functions and responsibilities in programme operates:
- Provide psychological consultations to survivors, their families, and other participants involved in Farida Global’s activities.
- Supervise, consult, and coordinate individual and group sessions.
- Deliver psychosocial first aid (PFA) and emotional support to the affected population in cases of sudden or ongoing need.
- Organize activities and conferences to disseminate key information and advocacy messages on Psychosocial Support (PSS).
- Maintain regular contact with survivors of CRSV, providing guidance when necessary.
- Conduct interviews with clients to assess their needs, living conditions, and social problems.
- Collaborate with clients to develop assistance plans and identify appropriate social services.
- Implement and monitor the progress of assistance plans.
- Establish connections and make referrals to other agencies and services.
- Ensure the confidentiality and privacy of beneficiary and project information.
- Conduct training sessions for Farida Global staff, field teams, community focal points, volunteers, and other personnel.
- Actively participate in meetings with other social workers across centers.
- Represent Farida Global Organization to external stakeholders and participate in relevant social work meetings or events.
- Build and maintain networks with local organizations, partners, and stakeholders to facilitate collaboration and referrals.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the line manager in mutual agreement, based on professional capacities and position within the organization.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume (CV) and cover letter to the email:
In the subject line “Psychologist” should be clearly written and the CV in PDF or Word document should be attached
Sunday, 20/07/2023 no later than 5:00 PM (Iraqi Time)
Please be informed that Farida Global will review received applications on a rolling basis and prior to the agreed-upon deadline.